Pages

Sunday 12 December 2010

Love your skin… Almond Goodness


So far I know only one person who dislikes almonds, but if you don't like eating them it doesn’t mean that you can't enjoy their goodness in another way.

I love nuts and always choose them as my snack if I am hungry in between meals or just fancy something nice and crunchy! Eating nuts makes me feel fuller for longer and they are a great ingredient for loads of different dishes! Just add some ground almonds to your curry and it will add that lovely extra texture and flavour! 

Did you know that Almond is not a nut, but it is actually a seed?! It consists of an outer hull and a hard shell with the seed inside.

When I write about something natural and simple I always recall my childhood memories and the way my mum was keeping me and my brother healthy! She would always give us a handful of nuts in a small bowl as a snack to keep us occupied while waiting for a dinner and I always enjoyed it!

I can not begin to describe how healthy almonds are! The health benefits we get are endless! It is used for weight loss, digestive system improvement, to ease constipation, also to lower cholesterol. It’s a great antioxidant, looks after our skin and hair. It is so accessible to everyone and yet we forget about the natural and easy way of staying young and beautiful!

In my previous blog ‘Love your skin’ I shared a little tip of cleaning the face skin and now its time to feed it!  

Almond oil is well-known for treating skin problems such as wrinkles, dark circles under eyes, dry skin, black heads, etc. The oil leaves the skin soft and smooth.

Almond face mask

For healthy and refreshed skin apply once a week the mixture of:

2 table spoons of almond oil
1/5 table spoon of honey
A squeeze of lemon juice

Regular use of almonds prevents early appearance of wrinkles, dryness and improves the blood flow leaving your skin glowing.

Oily skin treatment

Ingredients:

2 table spoons ground almonds
1 table spoon rose water
1/5 table spoon honey

Mix all the above ingredients until the paste is even and carefully apply it to your face skin. Keep it on for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off.

Dry skin treatment

Grind some fresh or use pre-ground almonds and mix them with milk or cream. Apply the mixture to your skin and keep it on for about 20 – 25 minutes. Wipe it off gently with a piece of cotton soaked in warm milk. 

I tried it today, just added a little bit of honey to this mixture just to give my skin even greater natural touch. I absolutely loved it and so did my skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment