Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Love your skin...

....and it will love you back!

Finally we had some proper snow in London last night! I am feeling even more Christmassy!

I wanted to write a little bit about skin care. Our skin is amazing and we should look after it all year round! Especially when it cools down outside we must remember that our skin dehydrates because of indoor heating!

However, in the autumn and winter skin care features mostly depend on where we spend most of our time - outdoors or indoors.

Daily cleansing, hydrating and feeding are the main rules of skin care that does not depend on our age or time.
I love little skin care treats but more and more I find myself looking after it in a natural way. I choose my skin care products very carefully, most of them contain natural plant extracts which protect and nourish my skin. I believe that the natural way is the only way to have beautiful and healthy skin.  

I am extremely passionate about my home made products and I love them all, especially ‘avocado face mask’, but yesterday I tried my home made soda facial scrub for the first time and I really liked it! I am always fascinated by how easily and quickly natural beauty treats can be made at home.


Home made soda scrub
I found this tip on one Lithuanian health & beauty website and got really excited to try it out! Although if your skin is not oily don’t use it too much as this scrub can make your skin very dry. But it can be used once or twice a week as an excellent exfoliating facial wash!  Baking soda scrub removes dead skin cells, revitalises and keeps our face and body skin clean and soft.

The way I made it

I just mixed a pinch of soda in my palm with my daily facial wash until it started foaming. Then applied the mixture on to my face, gently massaged it in to my skin and rinsed it off with warm water.

You can also mix it with a little bit of warm water instead of your daily facial wash.    

Soda scrub for complex skin

You will need:

2 spoons of flour
1 tbl spoon of baking soda

Dilute the mixture with a little bit of warm water to make a smooth paste and gently massage it in to your clean skin. Rinse it off with warm water!

No comments:

Post a Comment