Pages

Thursday 2 December 2010

Evening snacking (3)

When it gets as cold as it is at the moment all I can think of is a warm soup. My stomach was growling yesterday for something smooth and creamy, not too heavy and especially something what involves loads of mushrooms… I love mushrooms and it reminds me of my childhood! My mum would store loads of them for the winter time and we would have mushroom feasts every other day!

Mushrooms are low in calories and it is a perfect ingredient for nearly every meal! I love its soft and juicy texture and the fact that they are so easy to prepare! There are so many different meals we can cook using mushrooms or even eat them raw on a piece of bread sprinkled with some oil and herbs!


My late evening snack

It was already late when I started making my mushroom soup. I was waiting for my friend to pop in after work for a chat and decided to make a quick snack for both of us. There are loads of recipes on how to make cream of mushroom soup and most of them involve butter and frying, but I just boiled all the ingredients in a pot and it tasted great! I also added a few potatoes to make it more filling since I served my soup without bread!


Mushroom soup
500g mushrooms
4 medium size potatoes
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 medium onion
2 cubes vegetable or any other flavour stock
Salt and pepper
Dash of olive oil

Place washed and chopped mushrooms, peeled and chopped potatoes and the onion in to a deep pot then add some water, stock and boil all the ingredients for a few minutes until the potatoes are soft.  Add some salt and pepper, crushed garlic and blend it well. Pour it in to your favourite bowl, add a dash of olive oil or natural yoghurt and enjoy it!

My friend loved it and we had a cosy and relaxing, snowy winter evening with a warm bowl of simple but tasty mushroom soup! I even had some for today’s lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment