Pages

Friday 3 December 2010

Delicious Granola Breakfast


My mum used to tell me that breakfast is the most important meal of our day! And I agree with that! Breakfast charges up us well and we don’t feel as hungry before lunch! I remember discussing this topic some time ago with my dear friend back home in Lithuania that we can eat anything we want for breakfast and we will not gain extra weight. I think it is true and I know that I can treat myself to a fresh and soft bun with blueberry (my favourite) jam and I still can stay fit! 


Breakfast gives us energy and we use all the calories we consumed throughout the day!

I enjoy breakfast every morning and having it regularly helps my digestion system work properly! 


I noticed some time ago that having my cereal with milk makes me feel bloated from time to time hence I decided to eat more yoghurt instead and the result is just what I wanted! Yoghurt contains acidophilus bacteria and this friendly bacteria helps to digest most of the food!

Yesterday I ran out of my morning cereal and popped in to one shop close to my work to get some breakfast. It’s a great place to buy food as it is always freshly made, they have a wide range of salads, nice sandwiches, home made food for lunch and my favourite breakfast treat – home made yoghurt with granola. It was absolutely delicious and it got me thinking why I am not making it myself!?

I was so delighted with my breakfast this morning! Granola goes well with yoghurt and honey, it’s crunchy, healthy and easy to make! Fruit and berries are also great for granola breakfast! Let me share my yummy breakfast idea with you! This morning I used:


A handful of granola
3 spoons of natural Greek yoghurt
A good squeeze of honey
1 table spoon of strawberry jam

I just mixed it all together and the breakfast is ready! I like using nice dishes for my meals and I though that a big clear glass will be just perfect for my tasty and creamy breakfast!

Let me say that it’s not only delicious but also very cheap! If you buy 500g of natural Greek yoghurt it will last all week or at least 5 days to make a healthy breakfast and 500g of granola will last for two weeks! And honey… we should all have it in our cupboard! Especially in winter!

We usually forget simple things in life and they are always the best! Experiment with your breakfast because the sky is the limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment