Pages

Monday 1 November 2010

Why cottage cheese?

Today is one of those days when I eat only cottage cheese, drink loads of water and green tea. I found this tip in one of my favourite health magazines. I was always trying to dedicate one day a month to clear my intestine but I wasn’t sure which would be the best remedies until I found out about cottage cheese diet.

To have a bowel cleansing day is not as easy as it may sound. It takes some patience and strength to resists delicious distractions on your way. But once you’ve done it is not as hard next time! Having very slow digestive system I find it very useful to avoid food all day and I love this lightness feeling in the morning. It’s also good for skin, the cleaner the bowel the clearer your skin!

Some people chose to eat only fruit and others chose to have only vegetables all day. I chose cottage cheese because I really like that interesting texture and a lovely creamy taste plus it is really healthy.

Bowel cleansing day helps me feel better and lighter and also helps me to get rid of all the food builds up in my intestine. I wouldn’t recommend doing it more than once a month and every person who has digestion disorders should consult their doctor or nutritionist before considering any type of diet!

Cottage cheese nutrition

A 113 g serving of 4% fat product has about 120 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated), 3 g carbohydrates, and 14 g protein. It also contains about 500 mg sodium, 70 mg calcium and 20 mg cholesterol.


Some manufacturers also produce low-fat and nonfat varieties. A fat-free kind of a similar serving size has 80 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated), 6g carbohydrates, and 14g protein.


I prefer 4% fat cottage cheese, because low fat or non fat cottage cheese have more sugar in them to compensate for the flavor missing from the fat.


My cottage cheese day


I start my day with natural cottage cheese for my breakfast and mix it with handful of blueberries. You can choose any berries you like. For my lunch I have about 300 g of cottage cheese mixed with fresh dill, basil and parsley, this is my favourite, it smells fresh and tastes great… you can mix with herbs of your choice, chives are quite nice to mix with. For dinner I have it with some left over berries from my breakfast. It’s essential to drink loads of water and tea throughout the day. You can drink any kind of tea, but I prefer green one with jasmine, lemon, apple or any other flavor. Green tea is enriched with powerful anti-oxidants and it’s a great product in the process of weight loss.


It is that simple to be in charge of your health!


The Challenge


I am taking on a challenge which is going to be tough for me and this is where I will be talking more about the benefit of green tea. I have started my challenge already! From today and I am having only tea (mostly green tea) and I will let you know the difference! I am excited and worried if I can give up my biggest treat in the morning – coffee! Good luck to me!


   


No comments:

Post a Comment