Pages

Friday 29 October 2010

Little Filter Coffee Secret

Coffee is a very fascinating product to me! I love the smell, I love the look and I love the taste…  But how (un) healthy is this drink? In my opinion the worst thing that happens to coffee drinkers is that they become addicted!

I drink coffee just because I like it, but to be honest it doesn’t affect me as much. If I want to sleep even a hundred cups of coffee will not help to keep me awake! But I like the process of making coffee…My childhood memories recall coffee shops, making coffee on the sand and my mum says it tastes great. I have never tasted something like that though… I was too young and I haven’t seen anything similar recently… also I remember my mum’s sister using little wooden coffee grinder… and I still remember that magical smell… and not being allowed to taste it… I had a high blood pressure and therefore this drink was forbidden to me until I moved to Italy for 3 months where I discovered the best coffee ever!


What not to do:

Being a coffee lover I am not in a position to criticize, but I would recommend avoiding drinking coffee on an empty stomach. This is my bad habit and I am trying to quit doing that.

The Choice…

There are so many articles discussing the impact of coffee on our health… and I think it is just endless debating… there is no straight answer yes or no just like loads of other issues on this planet. I use to drink much more coffee, but now I just have one nice cup of coffee in the morning and am trying to drink more teas, especially green tea throughout the day and I feel so much better for it. It is proven that green tea gives you more energy than coffee and I do believe it is true!

 
Little Filter Coffee Secret

Did you know that filter coffee grounds may be used to soften your skin? It works as well as body scrub!

When I was younger I use to work in a coffee shop during my summer holidays and once I had a bad experience with washing up liquid. My hands were terribly dry and my skin was rough and irritated. I used creams, but it didn’t help. But my mum (of course) had a solution! After drinking her coffee she didn’t throw the coffee grounds away but used them to rub into my hands! And you know what, it feels really great while little bits of soaked coffee grounds massaging and softening your skin…

 
If you don’t drink filter coffee, ask your friend or a member of family to keep the coffee grounds (just make sure they are fresh) and use them when your skin feels dry and rough. It really works! Especially in winter when we become a little bit more fragile…

Just 2 table spoons off coffee grounds are enough to make your hands smoother, then just rinse with warm water and apply some cream, feel the difference and enjoy the feeling! You can also try applying it on the whole body, skin loves it!

I did it this morning and I simply love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment