Pages

Thursday 28 October 2010

The Power of Nature

I believe in healthy lifestyle and I truly believe in Nature. My biggest inspiration has always been my mum. Since my childhood she tried to keep me and my brother away from antibiotics, she always was and still is seeking for the natural ways of healing the body. Even now she is sharing her knowledge with me and I love our ‘Skype’ conversations about vitamins, new home made beauty products, new recipes, shiny hair, healthy skin, our favourite health magazines and lots of other interesting stuff. 


When I go home I know she will have loads of exciting and natural beauty treats in her little cupboard and I know that after my visit in Lithuania, most of them will end up in my little cupboard in London.

We have an incredibly vast choice of beauty products these days, with the variety of brands and range of prices we forget about the simplest ways of staying beautiful. Most home made beauty treats do not take long to make, they smell amazingly good and fresh plus your pocket does not cry!


I am very excited to convert my kitchen into a little beauty lab and experiment with our daily essentials like salt, oils, sugar, honey, lemon, coffee… just name it! It takes only a few minutes to make a body scrub to make you glow, face mask to refresh your skin or a hair treatment to make it shine and the results I get are amazing! Your body will be really thankful for looking after it!

Celebrity tip

I once read that Jennifer Aniston is using a salt scrub to keep her body skin healthy, and radiant. Salt scrub exfoliates and stimulates the skin giving it the glow, healthy feel and appearance. The only negative I found using salt scrub is that it can be unpleasant if you have irritated skin or if you have injuries which haven’t healed yet as it will ‘chew’ your skin. But go for it if you are sure you do not have harmed skin, because the benefits from the salt scrub are terrific!

Little tips from my home beauty lab:

Sugar & honey scrub

My home made sugar&honey scrub
Body scrub is a perfect tool to refresh your body and it will give you a SPA experience in your own home! Its not only a pleasant smell, it removes dead, rough skin and stimulates the skin to feel softer and appear more refined. Sugar is a natural exfoliant and your skin feels much smoother after using a sugar scrub. These scrubs feel luxurious and are believed to be mildly aromatherapeutic in addition to being great for your skin.

The Romans had the right idea when it came to sugar. They used honey to sweeten foods and used sugar for medicinal purposes. It was also a cosmetic treatment used to draw moisture to lips and other areas of the body

I love using my own made sugar scrub! Its so easy to make it, just mix:


1/5 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of honey
3-4 tea spoons of your favorite oil

Rub it into wet skin and pay more attention to problematic body parts such as elbows, knees, heels. Rinse it well with warm and then cool water. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment