Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Evening snacking (2)

In one of my blogs ‘Evening snacking’ I promised my housemate to provide him with some healthy evening snacking ideas. So I am keeping my promise and here is something I am confident he is going to love!

Broccoli is one of my favourite vegetables ever! I love it with everything! With rise, pasta, lentils, chick peas or just on its own with a dash of soya sauce! For me it’s a super food!!!

I love it, just like many other vegetables, because of its benefit not only to my stomach but my skin as well!

Helping your stomach

Broccoli is extremely rich in fibre which can cure many stomach disorders. It’s also enriched with  magnesium and vitamins which help to facilitate proper digestion and absorption of nutrients from the food and soothe the stomach by reducing inflammation. Broccoli also cures acidity in our stomachs!

Glowing skin

Broccoli is full of anti – oxidants such as vitamin C, B complex, vitamin A, omega 3 acids, amino acids, foliate and vitamin E – the most important vitamin for our skin care! Broccoli simply looks after our skin!

Broccoli Soup for cold winter evenings!

I enjoy broccoli soup quite often! Especially on cold and dark winter evenings when my stomach is longing for something warm and light!

The soup is creamy, smooth, warming and so easy to make! It takes no time or effort! This is something I would like to recommend my housemate to have as his evening snack! It contains a little bit of cheese, but do not be afraid of that. It is truly yummy!

Just chop & boil one head of broccoli, not for too long, it takes only a few minutes! Place it into a blending dish and add a little bit of left over water from the boiled vegetable. Mix it with a pinch of salt and pepper, drop in some cheese (I love it with the Stilton cheese because it makes it creamy and smooth) and just liquidise it all! Add some cream if you want, it adds this extra silkiness… but since it’s a healthy evening snack it is not necessary!  The soup is as a good as it is!

Just toast a piece of bread and enjoy your evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment